Which devices do your learners use?

Hi, y’all! We’re doing some technological polishing and we could use your input.

Which devices/browsers/operating systems do you want to make sure PeBL content works on? (This is on the learner side, for the learning experience/content, not the authoring side.)

Right now, we’re doing a thorough QA to make sure PeBL content works on the following:

• OSX 10.146 and newer
    • Safari
    • Chrome
  • Windows 10
    • Chrome
    • Edge
    • Not supporting IE, don’t ask :wink:
  • iOS/iPadOS 12.41 and newer
  • Android 7 and newer

If your learners have specific devices and you’re not sure whether they’re listed above, go ahead and leave a comment!

Judy,
The vast majority of our learner base for our “How to play accordion” PeBL book is projected to be going to use laptops. A few will be using smartphones (we are not recommending it) or tablets. We project that very few will be using a desktop computer, for the simple reason that the place where they will have their setup for playing their accordion is not the same as where their desktop computer is stationed.
Peter

1 Like

Thank you very much, Peter!

I would LIKE to have everything work on Firefox, because I use it - but I honestly would have to dig in & ask some folks what devices are currently used by customers. I’ll see if I can find out!
For internal folks (who might also be end-users), I think your list would cover it. Typically they’re using laptops or hybrid tablets with Chrome, IE, or Edge (I know, IE sucks, but I’ve not been able to win that battle with anyone other than on my own machine), or iPads and various smartphones. We don’t NEED to support phones if the content doesn’t work well on them, but would need to tell them upfront to use a tablet or computer.

1 Like