Hi, y’all! @Quinnovator sent me some questions a while and was kind enough to allow me to post the answers here, in case anyone else had the same ones. If anyone needs more clarification or has additional questions, feel free to respond below.
Do your MCQs have different feedback for every wrong answer?
Can I have folks upload a file, that I can then send individual feedback on?
Can it be so that you can see other’s uploads?
Can they comment on each other’s uploads?
- Kinda — this question type is not threaded currently, but that’s a pretty easy improvement. No promises as to when, but I like the suggestion.
Can that be gated that you can’t see others’ uploads until you’ve done your own?
- Yes, that’s the current functionality.
Can they be gated: can’t do a later one until you’ve done the prior one?
Can you have a timed break between sections?
- Possibly — this falls into the features that may be slated for v 1.0 but we’re not 100% sure yet. If it’s not v 1.0, it will be shortly after.
Can you manage access to a Zoom room or other synchronous meeting?
- I’m not entirely sure how this works other than you placing a zoom (or other meeting) link in the book, which is certainly something you can do. You will be able to place links and web objects. Is there anything else that would be needed?
Is there an ecommerce solution?
- At v 1.0, no… not a turnkey one. It will be one of the first upgrades, so I’d estimate for sure in 2021. Here’s what you would come with the authoring tool at v 1.0, though: a bookshelf that you can host books on, that you can manage people’s access to, but it will come with certain limitations. Upgrades will be available. So if someone makes a purchase or you want to give someone access, you can do that — there just won’t be an automatic connection between the bookshelf user management and an e-commerce solution at v 1.0.
Can you sell different versions: just the book, book w/ discussions, book with a live session access?
Do they go somewhere else, or can they buy from my site?
- You can set up your bookshelf on a subdomain of your site using the free, open source ereader software, or you can use the bookshelf that comes with your subscription to the authoring tool, which would have an address of yourchosensubdomainname.ourpeblsite.com. Your bookshelf would have your logo in the top left, and people would buy from your site — like I indicated above, we don’t even have a way for them to buy through us at this point. You’d just have to grant someone access to your bookshelf when they completed an order on your site.
So, basically, yes to all of the above except the things that are coming soon.